Saturday, December 23, 2006

15mm WWII "Flames of War" miniatures

Today I decided to take a break form the ACW shots and dip into the archive for some old pics of a 6 by 4 ft bocage set up I did in 15mm using Flames of War figures. I made all of the terrain with the exception of the Miniature Building Authority models that are easily spotted.

Most of the buildings are made from paper and card, the roads from cork, and the bocage from steel wool. This first 2 shots are of a German 88 position behind the town. The Germans were done by a friend (the one who procured me the eagle and is painting 25mm French Nap)...


Here we have an overhead shot of a farm and chateau, these models are from Miniature Building Authority. The black rods you see are bases for my aircraft...


A wide view across the bocage back toward the town. Those are Americans advancing through the bocage...


A shot of the German defenses on the edge of town, The cafe and corner shop are buildings I made from card stock, the white Tudor style is another MBA product...


Last but not least this is a shot of the entrance to the town. I just wanted to get a few shots up to hint at things to come. Later this week Ill get some up of my 25mm WWII...


One more image, this is a pic of one wing of my 15mm Americans, my 105's and 2 infanry platoons. Ipained them us as the 120th Infantry 30th Division "Old Hickory." My great uncle John Van Nort served with this outfit and was killed at the breakout in St. Lo...

No comments: